Thank you for visiting our job postings!
If it excites you to follow your passion in an environment where work and play mingle, check out our job openings and consider joining our team to make a positive difference in our community.
Team members are laid back but very talented, professional, and most of all, we like to have fun at work.
Our strength comes from our gifted employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. They are dedicated to making a positive difference in our community now and for future generations.
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging careers, advancement potential, and a safe, stable, and exciting work environment surrounded by red rocks in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Summer Swim Instructors
- Salary/Pay Rate:$11.25 - $12.25/hour DOQ
- Posted Date:02/07/2019
- Deadline to Apply:03/30/2019
Come join our team and work in one of the most beautiful areas of Sedona!
The City of Sedona is now accepting applications for Summer Swim Instructors.
For more information on Lifeguard and Swim Instructor courses, click here.
This position performs swim lesson instruction to students of all ages and skill levels, monitors pool facilities for unsafe conditions, and other duties as necessary or required. This position requires weekend, split shift and holiday work. This position may require weekend, split shift and holiday work.
Click here for an informational brochure on all our pool positions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS1. Plan and effectively organize class time through weekly lesson plans and time management.
2. Evaluate students participating in swim lessons.
3. Submit completed skills sheets, report cards, attendance records and any other program documentation in a timely manner.
4. Provide competent, safe instruction using recognized lead-up skills as established by the swim lesson program.
5. Teach with encouragement and positive reinforcement.
6. Communicate effectively with lifeguards/pool staff on duty and act as a team in an emergency.
7. Maintain a sanitary and clean pool environment, free from defective equipment and unsafe conditions.
8. Assist with maintaining proper quality standards and follow written guidelines for testing water, chemical usage, storage, and safety.
9. Adhere to all facility safety and emergency procedures, guidelines, and instructions, including emergency action plan, staff handbook and Safety Data Sheet use and location.
10. Enforce pool and facility rules in a consistent and professional manner using positive and corrective feedback.
11. Take precautions and preventative action necessary to ensure the safety of pool users and staff.
12. Attend and participate in all scheduled staff meetings and mandated trainings, including but not limited to rescue skills, in-service training, and physical conditioning.
13. Collect admission and program fees; perform cashier duties (use of cash register, cash handling, maintain records of daily sales, money received and attendance).
14. Provide answers to inquiries from patrons and the public.
15. Complete and maintain accurate and efficient reporting, including but not limited to daily attendance records, accident injury reports, class and program registration, daily shift report, and chemical log book.
16. Ensure all gates and doors are secured and that the premises have been vacated at the closing of the facility.
17. Assist in other department programs including, but not limited to, special events and special programs.
18. Maintain a professional and positive appearance, attitude and a high standard of customer service.
19. Possess mature judgment and sound decision making.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
Current Water Safety/Swim Instructor Certification issued by any nationally recognized organizations, such as Starfish Aquatics Institute, American Red Cross or Ellis and Associates.
Indoor and outdoor recreational facilities/swimming pool; exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work in water; work on slippery or uneven surfaces, and carry and lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
Moderate to light lifting; sitting, swimming, diving, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; repeated bending; general manual dexterity.
Click here to view the job description.
The selected applicant must be able to pass an extensive reference/background investigation and drug test.
BENEFITSThis seasonal, temporary position does not include health insurance, vacation or flex time benefits. However, Arizona State Retirement benefits may be activated upon the employee working more than twenty hours for more than twenty weeks.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please click here.
City of Sedona
102 Roadrunner Drive
Sedona, AZ 86336
928-203-5038 or 203-5189
The City of Sedona is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at the City are based on business needs; job requirements; individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; or any other status protected by law or regulation.
The city of Sedona is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or veteran status as it relates to employment or programs and activities.
Applications and resumes. Applications and resumes are accepted only when there is a job opening. An online application must be submitted electronically to Human Resources and applicants may attached a cover letter and/or resume with the online application.
Employment opportunities. Please note that many positions include a supplemental questionnaire with job-specific questions. Applications submitted without a supplemental questionnaire (if available) will be considered incomplete. Resumes and other supplemental material may be uploaded and attached to the online application.
Background check. All new hires are required to be fingerprinted and undergo an extensive criminal background check through the Arizona Department of Public Safety. Additionally, certain positions involve a preemployment drug screening and may include a physical.
Future positions. If you would like to be notified of job openings in the future, please sign up for email notifications.
Right to Work
The city of Sedona participates in E-Verify provides the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.