Seasonal Traffic Control Assistant
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$15.00/hour
- Posted Date:05/30/2017
- Deadline to Apply:06/30/2017
Come join our team!
Seasonal Traffic Control Assistants work primarily in beautiful Uptown Sedona and assist with directing traffic and visitor questions. The position provides the selected candidate the opportunity to interact with pedestrians, assist with directions, monitor parking and traffic situations, and offer guidance to our many tourists.
Shifts for each Seasonal Traffic Control Assistant will be in four hour increments on Fridays through Sundays and possibly Mondays during a holiday weekend.
This part-time, spring through summer job is perfect for those looking for extra hours on the weekend.
- Performs traffic and pedestrian control in Uptown area, at special events, and other areas of the city.
- Assist the general public, provide directions and respond to questions and inquiries, relay on-site requests for assistance.
- Positioning traffic cones, barricades, and other traffic control equipment, loading and unloading city vehicles.
- Ability to perform moderate physical work and to lift and carry up 25 pounds regularly and occasionally 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, climb, kneel, twist, ride, pinch, pick, reach, graph, walk, sit, bend, crawl, push, pull and perform a variety of similar body movements.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend or squat for long periods of time.
- Develop, implement and administer goals, objectives and procedures.
- Ability to hear and communicate effectively with others.
Working Conditions:Possible exposure to traffic noise, blowing dust, vehicle fumes and inclement weather.
How to Apply:To apply for this job opportunity, please click here.
This part-time position does not include health insurance, vacation or flex time benefits. However, Arizona State Retirement benefits may be activated if the employee is hired to work more than twenty hours per week.
Flagger certification highly desired, but not required. Certification can be provided after hire at no cost to the employee.
928-203-5038 or 203-5189
City of Sedona
102 Roadrunner Drive
Sedona, AZ 86336
The City of Sedona is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at the City are based on business needs; job requirements; individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; or any other status protected by law or regulation.
In order to apply for any City of Sedona job opportunities, you must first create an account in ADP.
The city of Sedona is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or veteran status as it relates to employment or programs and activities.
Applications and resumes. Applications and resumes are accepted only when there is a job opening. An online application must be submitted electronically to Human Resources and applicants may attached a cover letter and/or resume with the online application.
Employment opportunities. Please note that many positions include a supplemental questionnaire with job-specific questions. Applications submitted without a supplemental questionnaire (if available) will be considered incomplete. Resumes and other supplemental material may be uploaded and attached to the online application.
Background check. All new hires are required to be fingerprinted and undergo an extensive criminal background check through the Arizona Department of Public Safety. Additionally, certain positions involve a pre-employment drug screening and may include a physical.
Future positions. If you would like to be notified of job openings in the future, please sign up for email notifications.
Right to Work
The city of Sedona participates in E-Verify provides the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.