If it excites you to follow your passion in an environment where work and play mingle, check out our job openings and consider joining our team to make a positive difference in our community.
Team members are laid back but very talented, professional, and most of all, we like to have fun at work!
Our strength comes from our gifted employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. They are dedicated to making a positive difference in our community now and for future generations.
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging careers, advancement potential, and a safe, stable, and exciting work environment surrounded by red rocks in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Part-time Administrative Assistant
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$16.31 - $23.50/hour DOQ
- Posted Date:04/10/2018
- Deadline to Apply:04/27/2018
Come join our team!
The City of Sedona is seeking applicants for a part-time Administrative Assistant.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of administrative duties in the Public Works department.
This position requires good internal and external customer service skills and the ability to stay organized and multi-task. Must be able to work in an organized team effort, assist in problem solving and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Flexible working schedules available, 24 hours per week, Monday through Thursday.
1. Assists in the development and administration of the departmental budget; forecasts funds needed for materials, equipment and supplies; monitors and approves expenditures as appropriate, maintains an audit of supplies and orders from authorized distributors or companies when appropriate.
2. Participates in the creation and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities related to the department.
3. Works in organized team efforts and assists in problem-solving work related issues for continuous improvement in the department.
4. Provides support to City-related commissions, committees and task forces.
5. Provides support services for assigned department; monitors workload, work activities, priorities and deadlines.
6. Provides notices and reminders of scheduled appointments and coordinates meetings and locations.
7. Prepares, distributes, and posts meeting agendas; attends meetings and takes minutes; assists with the preparation and distribution of comprehensive staff reports; conducts surveys; prepares a variety of reports related to assigned departmental functions.
8. Maintains a calendar of activities, meetings and events for assigned department; organizes and maintains accurate and current filing system.
9. Prepares, processes, and proofreads a variety of documents.
10. Operates, maintains, and orders supplies for a variety of office equipment.
11. Supports City projects, including assisting with grant applications.
12. Opens and distributes mail to department staff.
13. Assists staff with the procurement of necessary supplies, equipment, and other budgetary items.
14. Assists with vendors and contractors.
15. Possesses a high level of integrity and sense of ethics.
16. Maintains website content as assigned.
17. Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
• Basic principles and practices of fiscal, statistical, and administrative data collection and report preparation.
• Office procedures, methods, computer equipment and database software programs.
• Public relations methods and techniques.
• Principles and practices of meeting and agenda preparation.
• Principles and procedures of record keeping and business letter writing.
• English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Microsoft Office Suite.
• Work in organized team efforts and assist in problem solving work related issues for continuous improvement in work efforts.
• Encourage and facilitate environment for building team efforts and problem solving of work related issues by employees.
• Ensure necessary training and other technical support for building an environment that encourages teams and continuous improvement.
• Perform responsible administrative work involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
• Understand the organization and operation of the City and of outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities.
• Independently prepare correspondence and memoranda.
• Perform general clerical work including the maintenance of appropriate records and compiling information for reports.
• Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public.
• Interpret and apply administrative and departmental polices and procedures.
• Work independently in the absence of supervision.
• Operate and use office equipment including a computer.
• Maintain confidential data and information.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Maintain mental capacity that allows for effective interaction and communication with others.
• Maintain effective audio/visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties.
• Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
EXPERIENCE and TRAINING
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Three years of responsible administrative and clerical experience.
High school diploma or GED.
Bachelor’s degree in administration or business management is highly desirable.
Office environment utilizing computers
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time and working closely with others; general manual dexterity; lifting office materials.
The City of Sedona offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
• Arizona State Retirement System
• Sick and vacation time
• Paid holidays
• Deferred compensation – Optional IRS 457 plans
...and flexible schedules available!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this outstanding job opportunity, click here.
City of Sedona
102 Roadrunner Drive
Sedona, AZ 86336
928-203-5038 or 203-5189
The City of Sedona is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at the City are based on business needs; job requirements; individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; or any other status protected by law or regulation.
The City of Sedona is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or veteran status as it relates to employment or programs and activities.
Applications and resumes. Applications and resumes are accepted only when there is a job opening. An online application must be submitted electronically to Human Resources and applicants may attached a cover letter and/or resume with the online application.
Employment opportunities. Please note that many positions include a supplemental questionnaire with job-specific questions. Applications submitted without a supplemental questionnaire (if available) will be considered incomplete. Resumes and other supplemental material may be uploaded and attached to the online application.
Background check. All new hires are required to be fingerprinted and undergo an extensive criminal background check through the Arizona Department of Public Safety. Additionally, certain positions involve a preemployment drug screening and may include a physical.
Future positions. If you would like to be notified of job openings in the future, please sign up for email notifications.
Right to Work
The city of Sedona participates in E-Verify provides the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.