Small Grants program
The city created the Small Grants program to encourage and fund activities, programs or events developed by 501(c) organizations that serve the public and provide a fair return value to the city.
Eligible programs, activities or events include those that promote public health, safety, general welfare and/or foster the well-being and prosperity of the city and its residents. Individual grant amounts have typically ranged from $2,000 to $20,000.
Eligible programs, activities or events that may be funded should:
- Promote public health, safety, general welfare, prosperity or contentment.
- Significantly impact the well-being and prosperity of Sedona residents.
- Demonstrate that City funding is essential to the success of the program or services.
- Directly benefit city of Sedona residents and preferably occur within the city limits.
- Strive for programs that are innovative and distinctive.
- Provide documented benefits directly to city of Sedona residents.
- Advance the goals established in the Sedona Community Plan.
Timeline for fiscal year 2018-2019 grant cycle
Feb. 22, 2018 Grant application for fiscal year 2018-2019 available
March 22 Optional applicant workshop 10 a.m. – noon
April 30 Grant applications due no later than noon to the City Manager's Office
May 30-31 Evaluation Committee meets with applicants and determines funding recommendations
July City Council approves funding awards
The cycle for the 2019-2020 grant cycle will begin late February 2019. Please check back here or sign up for city news releases.