Ordinances governing business licensing are located in Title 5 - Chapter 5.05. The following steps and time frames apply.
1) Application forms are available from the Finance and Community Development departments, and can be downloaded here as a fillable PDF.
2) Submit the completed application with payment to the Sedona Finance Department, 102 Roadrunner Dr., Building 106, Sedona, AZ 86336.
Start of the seven-day administrative review
3) Applications will be reviewed for completeness, affidavit of legal presence, payment, supporting documentation, and signature. If applications are incomplete, missing documents, or payment not made, the application will be returned. If all items are complete, the application proceeds.
Start of the 40-day substantive review
4) All applications will be reviewed by the Finance Department within 10 days after the administrative review to verify that there are no outstanding issues with a prior year's business license or past due payments for sales tax, utility billing, or other services. If everything is in order, the application proceeds.
5) The Community Development Department reviews for compliance with all City Codes, Land Development Code; Building, Zoning , and any other applicable regulations. This review will be completed within 20 days. The application then proceeds to the next step.
6) If an application is denied for any reason by either the Finance Department or Community Development departments the applicant will be notified in writing as to the reason(s) for denial. If the application if approved by both departments, the application will move on to step 7.
7) An approved application will return to the Finance Department and the issuance of a business license will be completed and mailed to the applicant within the last 10 days of the Substantive Review Process.