The staff members of the Parks and Recreation and Public Works departments are excited that the project is underway. Keep checking this page and our Facebook page for updates.
- 9-18-2017 Update: There are tractors on location working. Dirt is being moved. A portion of the perimeter fence has been removed to facilitate the heavy equipment moving around!
Construction dates. The park will be closed beginning Sept. 11, 2017, and will reopen for public use on or before Nov. 11. Estimated completion time is 60 days. For safety of people and pets, the park must be closed during construction.
What's being done. The finished project will feature:
- Grading and installation of catch basins to address water runoff and drainage issues.
- Entrance, walkway and fencing improvements.
- A new dog play area with artificial turf and decomposed granite.
- New drinking fountains and hose bibs for pet watering in both the small and large dog areas.
- Addition of eight new off-street parking spaces, two of them accessible.
Hiker and walker impacts. Construction will also affect a small portion of the Sunrise Trail near the southern end of the park; trail traffic will be rerouted for hiker safety.
Questions? Contact James Crowley, associate engineer, at (928) 203-5092 or email@example.com