While you can not predict when an emergency will occur, you can be prepared. In less time than you think, American Red Cross training can give you the vital knowledge and skills you will need to respond to a life-threatening situation with confidence.
Parks and Recreation, in cooperation with certified American Red Cross Instructor, AJay Bronson, are able to offer Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR and AED Certifications. All classes will be held at the Sedona Community Pool, 570 Posse Ground Road behind West Sedona School.
- Saturday and Sunday, April 29 & 30, 2017
- Class time: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Additional "online" time is required outside of class.
- $160 per student. $35 payable to American Red Cross to access the online portion of the class. $125 payable to the instructor the first day of class.
- Class size is limited
- Register Here!
- Must be 15 years or older on or before the last day of class.
- Ability to swim 300 yards using the front crawl and/or breaststroke, while demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Ability to tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs.
- Ability to swim 20 yards, retrieve a 10 pound object from 7' of water, and return the object back to the starting point in less than 1 minute 40 seconds.
Water Safety Instructor WSI