Multimodal transportation encourages alternate means of travel that improve residents' access to services, increase recreational access and provide new amenities to residents and visitors, and reduce traffic congestion. The strategies include:
- A multi-use path from Uptown to West Sedona, the Sedona Trails and Pathways System, for walkers and bike-riders.
- Wide paved shoulders on Dry Creek Road that support safe bike riding.
- Bike boulevard parallel north and south of SR 89A using existing streets with some new connecting pathways.
- Sidewalk connections to link neighborhoods and provide better resident access to parks and services.
- Estimated costs: $1.2 million per mile for bike paths and $800,000 per mile for sidewalks.