Update Oct 2018
A scope of work has been developed by a consultant to provide construction plans for some high priority areas:
(1) Schnebly Hill Road – from the roundabout along the west side of Schnebly Hill Road to Bear Wallow Lane. (2) Southwest Drive – from City Hall along Southwest Drive to Rodeo Road. Sunset Park – from the Shelby Drive thru Sunset Park to Sunset Drive. (3) Shelby Drive – bike lane on west side, from State Route 89A to the entrance to Sunset Park.
A contract has been executed with consultant SWI to conduct a feasibility study and preliminary design to identify the preferred location of the paths and connections. Staff is identifying project opportunities and needs with stakeholders input in order to capture all appropriate components of the feasibility .
Other possible future projects include:
- A multi-use path from Uptown to West Sedona: the Sedona Trails and Pathways System would be used by walkers and bike-riders.
- Wide paved shoulders on Dry Creek Road to support safe bike riding.
- Bike boulevard running parallel and to the north and south of SR 89A using existing streets with some new connecting pathways.
- Sidewalk connections to link neighborhoods and provide better resident access to parks and services, and opportunities for more outdoor activities.